Two hundred and fifty-eight teachers passed the first stage of the Lagos state Teachers award selection program. This was contained in a statement by the Year 2021 Teachers award planning committee.
According to the spokesman of the committee Mrs Oyin Egbeyemi, the first stage of the selection program started on the 22nd of November 2021 and ended on the 31st of January.
Over 3,500 applications from teachers and administrators in Lagos state were received and 258 qualified for the stage 2.
The 258 teachers fall into the categories below
– Primary School Teachers – 76
– Junior Secondary School Teachers – 46
– Senior Secondary School Teachers – 71
– Special Educational Needs/Technical College Teachers – 5
– Primary School Administrators – 21
– Junior Secondary School Administrators – 12
– Senior Secondary School Administrators – 23
– Special Educational Needs/ Technical College Administrators – 4
The Lagos state teachers’ award is a special program to encourage teachers all over the state.
Governor Babajide Sanwoolu last year presented 12 brand new cars to deserving teachers at a well-attended ceremony in the year 2021.