Chairman of UBA Group, Mr Tony Elumelu shared some of the tips that have aided his successful career so far in his speech to graduating students of a school in Lagos, Nigeria.
In his speech, he highlighted that there had never been a season as crucial as the one upon our generation now, a season where there is so much demand, weight and responsibility placed upon a younger generation.
He further stated that much has been said about Africa and its renaissance, its revival and its future potential and that we are getting closer to this rise. And he noted that those who will be entrusted with the responsibility for pioneering this profound change will be the children of this generation.
He then shared 7 tips for his career success so far
1. Be ambitious and dream
2. Hard work will make your ambitions valid.
3. Discipline might be painful, but the reward is always great.
4. Diligence is key.
5. Resilience is important because the world is not always rosy.
6. Integrity will earn you a place at the top.
7. A good reputation will get you better relationships and more opportunities.
He stated that these lessons have aided him in his life’s journey and hoped it would help the upcoming generation too.
Source: Tony Elumelu blog