It is natural for parents to be concerned about this year schooling for their kids.
Parents and guardians have the primary responsibility to care and protect their children, however, at times they may need support from the school in carrying out the responsibility.
With the second wave of covid 19, there is no better time than now to pay attention to our safety, most especially the safety of our kids.
Below are some ways parents can keep their children safe from the covid-19 when in school and back from school
• Before the child leaves for school, check the temperature, even though he/she may still be checked at the school. Checking before they leave the house is good to prevent the child from going to school if you noticed temperature above the usual.
• Before the children leave the house, put hand sanitisers into their bag pack and ensure that they are well taught on how to use it, especially after using the toilet and touching any surface at school.
• Teach the children the importance of adhering to all covid 19 protocols, make them understand that they must mask up always, wash their hands frequently, they must avoid handshaking and hugging, Cough and sneeze into a tissue or elbow and avoid must avoid touching their face, eyes, mouth and nose.
• Kids, in general, are less symptomatic, but that also means they can be super-spreaders, they can come back home from school as carriers of the virus. Ensure that they showers when they return from school and also changing their clothes immediately they return from school.
• Build the Child’s Immune System; a good immune system fights against the penetrating of Covid 19 into the body. parents must ensure that their children eat foods that aids in building their immune system because it repels the virus, give them fruits and foods rich in vitamins C, D E, etc.
• Another way to prevent your child from Covid 19 is ensuring that your environment is very clean, a dirty place is very open to all sorts of diseases; clean all surfaces in the house, ensure that your environment is very clean; including your child’s room, play ground, etc.