The management of Rivers State University (RSU), Port Harcourt has banned all forms of ‘indecent dressing’ by both male and female students on its campus with immediate effect.
In the Internal Memorandum signed by the Registrar of the school, Dr. S.C Enyindah and Secretary of the Senate, students are prohibited from wearing ”spaghetti gowns, short skirts, blouse that exposes naval of breast, leg chains, long eyelashes, tattoos, nose rings by both sexes of students, ear rings by male students, and others.
The Registrar said the Senate of RSU took the decision to ban indecent dressing at its meeting held on 29th of September, 2022, and then released later to the whole school.
It directed the students to take note and comply accordingly as enforcement of the directive will begin immediately.
By this ban, it Is now prohibited for any student to dress the following way on campus:
1. Wearing of “spaghetti gown” by female students.
2. Wearing of short skirt above the knees by female students.
3. Colouring of hair by both male and female students.
4. Sagging of trousers by both male and female students
5. Wearing of earrings by male students and nose rings by female students.
6. Wearing of tattoos by both male and female students.
7. Wearing of ankle chain by female students.
8. Wearing of long eyelashes by female students.
9. Wearing of gown/blouse that exposes the navel or breast by female students.
10. Wearing of tattered jean trousers by both male and female students
11. Wearing of bathroom slippers or bum short to the classroom.
Source: Linda Ikeji