Both parents and teachers play a pivotal role in educating a child. The teachers teach essential life and academic skills while providing love and support that help students healthily develop. When parents partner their ability to inspire thought and creativity with the support teachers provide, students are better prepared to have a positive school experience.
Building partnership with parents and teachers can depend on teachers listening to parents and parents taking time to understand where teachers are coming from. This will actually go a long way.
When parents and teachers have positive connections, students develop a unique trust in their teachers. They see the care and connection between both parties, and the student becomes more invested in their own role within the partnership. The student knows that both parties are invested in their development and works more intentionally to reach their academic goals.
A parent-teacher relationship can only work well when a teacher not only put in the effort to respond to parents concerns and questions but also reach out to share concerns and compliments with them.
Please let’s note that teachers play an important role in the lives of children, they serve as nutrients that nourish the academic, physical and emotional growth of our child(ren).
As a parent, having to understand and build a mutual relationship with your child’s teacher is beneficial to you and the wellbeing of your child.
Some of the benefits include:
- The information on both sides can be combined to create a fuller understanding of your child
- It helps to improve your child’s work habits.
- It enhances grade improvement.
- It enables your child to have excellent social skills.
- It gives your child the right attitude about school.
- It helps to solve tough situations for your child.
- It enables you to track classroom activities.
- It grants you quick access to your child’s attitude towards learning.
- It provides proper guidance to your child’s behaviour.
- It also contributes positively to your child’s mental health.